Wednesday, February 07, 2007


My birthday was very special. During my mother's morning out (Gavin goes to school at our church from 9:00 am-1:00pm) I treated myself to some fun! First, I ate McDonald's breakfast which is totally greazy but yummy to me! I did'nt want to be in the atomosphere of McDonald's so I took it to go and had coffee at starbucks. Does everyone know that you can have a free coffee on your birthday at Starbucks? Well, it was not excatly free I also treated myself to the new Norah Jones CD, and one pound of Guatemalan coffee. Unbelievable what happened next though! I was really mising Nadia as it was my birthday and we were waiting to learn more about out process on Friday. As I sat down I looked up on the wall and a huge poster of the Center of Town Antigua Guatemala appeared! Check out Antigua the city where I lived and fostered Gavin and where I most likely will be living again soon. Anyway it felt unreal to be looking at this picture of a place so meaningful to me and so far away yet pictured in my hometown Fishers, IN.
I then enjoyed some shopping and a manicure with the Colts symbol painted on two of my fingers! Go Colts, which Gaivn loves to say by the way....he cannot say Gavin but he says, "Go Colts! Then after picking up Gavin and putting him down for a nap I enjoyed phone calls from loved ones. Mike's parents graciously came for the weekend and sat with Gavin while Mike and went out to the
Melting Pot our favorite 3 hour romantic dinner place.

The weekend was even more special as we learned our case is now in family court! Our attorney will be getting our DNA authorization this week also! Go HECTOR....

4 comments:

houseofeling said...

sounds like you basically described my perfect day. You were a very lucky birthday girl! Hope days like that happen more than once a year for ya...

Andy said...

Happy bday Melissa. did you have an egg mcmuffin?

Jenni said...

Melissa, you look so pretty in this picture! Glad you had a good time at MP - I start to drool just thinking about the chocolate fondue :) So excited to hear progress on Baby Nadia.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!!! You did it up just right!!! Sounds like a perfect Birthday!!!