Saturday, September 29, 2007

This morning as I woke up I had an uneasiness because I had not yet heard about Nadia's birth certificate. Well, in order to proceed to the next step we have to have her birth certificate with our last name to get her passport...in order to submit her file to the U.S. embassy we have to have a passport. So anyway..I being her about 2 months longer than we anticipated and me really missing my boys so much it hurts. I was really ready to get her new Birth certificate. I went to bible study this morning and as I walked back I realized and received such a peace from God as I realized.."Whatever temporary suffering we are enduring as a family is nothing compared to the lifetime of sadness she would have experienced without a family and we also without her." It seems so logical but it is what will help me get through these next few weeks! The great news is that later this afternoon I was able to reach our attorney and he received her birth certificate. Her name on her new birth certificate is: Laura Meabon Meabon, crazy I know but when the process is all over her name will be Nadia Laurabeth Meabon. So, next week will be filled with a succession of appointments but we still have a few more weeks before we can come home with her.

6 comments:

Bendor family said...

congratulations!!! I am so excited the birth certificate has come through!
Sus

Unknown said...

Wonderful News! Thank You Jesus and attorney!

Jenni said...

It's neat to see God giving you what you need, each step of the way. What a lesson in trust for all of us. SO ready to have you home! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

You are both sooooooo Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that things are coming together. Can't wait to hug you both.

Jim & Carol said...

You have such a beautiful family!! God is good!! I know this has been a struggle, scarey, frustrating, etc., but it will all be so worth it when you are back in the USA. You are in our prayers for safe travels. Carol

Christina said...

Great news. Congrats. It won't be long now -- We are all ready for you to be home.